Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ouch. I'm initiated.

I know, you've missed me. The flu kept me away. I'm sorry. Nuf sed.

Sooo, poor me. I got my first REJECTION. How rude. I just find it so hard to believe that the first agent I ever queried in my entire life did not fall in love with my writing. Yes, Jessica Faust of BookEnds did not ask for my hand in legally agented bliss. [sigh].

It wasn't 'quite' a form letter: "Thank you so much for giving BookEnds a chance to consider your work and for being a reader of the blog. While I found your query intriguing I’m afraid I wasn’t sufficiently enthusiastic to ask for more at this time. As I’m sure you know publishing is a subjective business and I’m sure you’ll find another agent who feels differently. I wish you the best of luck and the greatest success."

And, really, it didn't hurt that much. I've printed it as a record of another first. Actually, I wasn't too depressed. I figure she wasn't The One. So, I'm getting together my 'big guns' list. At the very top, Steven Axelrod. (Please, love me, uh, my writing, Steve.) Gotta shoot for the moon and land among stars.

On an aside, Jessica got back to me within two weeks. I think it was more like a week and a half. So, I'm glad the Band-Aid was ripped off quickly.

Well, that's it for me on rejections. Please chime in and tell me about your first. How did you react? Were you crushed? Was it nasty, nice or neutral?

Riss

No comments: